Background

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sugar Rush!

Ok, so there's not much sugar involved....but I just love Sugar Snap Peas!  These are definitely one of my favorite munchies of all time!  I love the crunchiness of the peas and they're tasty.  I like to eat the pod first and save the peas for last because they're the best part :) If I'm feeling really crazy I will even break out the hummus and enjoy them together.  Snap peas are very nutritious and provide fiber, and many vitamins and minerals for around 35 calories a serving.  This is a great snack between meals while fulfilling a serving of veggies! 

You can find snap peas already packaged generally where the packaged salads are, in the produce area.  If you go to a Whole Foods or a farmers market you are able to bag your own and get as much as you like! 

No comments: