Background

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Naturally Sweet

                                      
       
I'm always seeking for a sweetener that is fairly good for you, with minimal side effects, and has fewer calories than sugar. Until now I have been a believer in Splenda (which I still use on occasion because it is so readily available wherever you go).  My roommate recently brought home Truvia.  Since I am always willing to try new things and experiment, I gave it a go and sprinkled some onto a grapefruit half.  To my pleasant surprise, it was DELICIOUSLY sweet!  It actually tasted like sugar and didn't leave a strange after-taste like most artificial sweeteners.  I will now be using it on/in everything!  It is perfect for bland, barley tasting cereals and also to put in tea or coffee.

Truvia is made from the Stevia plant, so it is all-natural.  Apparently, it has been used medicinally for centuries by indigenous people!  I'm so grateful that it is now put into a form that today's consumers can utilize!

                                                                   

No comments: