Background

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wonder Waffles, "Sting or be stung!"

                                       

Every Christmas my dad sends me a random combination of gifts...mostly from the checkout line in R.E.I. Without fail I always get some kind of all-natural sunscreen, at least 3 types of chapstick, several packages of mints, some winter socks, and a monogrammed notepad (don't ask me why my father sends me these things). This Christmas my package had a nice little surprise that I'm now obsessed with; Honey Organic Stinger Waffles.

Apparently Lance Armstrong loved the energy waffles he could get while biking through Europe so he sought out to have them made specifically for him (or so the package says). This product is all-natural and organically made. I love eating one of these for a pre-workout snack or if I'm in the middle of a long, grueling workout/day and in need a little burst of energy.

I have had the honey and vanilla flavors, but there's also strawberry. The honey was my favorite and it contains 160 calories, 7g fat (0 trans fat), 0 cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 14g sugar and 1g fiber. The ingredients include: Organic wheat flour, organic palm oil, Organic rice syrup, organic cane sugar, organic Honey, organic Whole wheat flour, organic Soy flour, sea salt, Organic soy lecithin, Organic spices and baking soda.

                           

No comments: